AHA Business Connection Course: April 29 – 30
This 2 day course will provide therapists the basics of how to start a private therapy practice incorporating hippotherapy as a treatment strategy. It will include information for administrators in the horse industry, including those currently offer equine assisted activities, how to develop/add a therapy practice or partnership with one into their current business model. Topics will include: business plan development, budget and contracts, location and clinic requirements, staffing and support personnel, CPT code and billing information, for profit and non-profit marketing strategies and more.
- To understand the process of developing a private practice incorporating hippotherapy.
- To determine the best type of business structure for your practice.
- To understand the process of developing a budget, business plan and break-even analysis.
- Discuss how to develop contracts with a variety of programs.
- Discuss the development of a wellness program for your practice.
- To understand billing reimbursement, CPT coding fees and set-up cash flow.
- Discuss opportunities on how to develop the growth and expansion of your practice.
- Review of best practices by OT, PT and ST utilizing hippotherapy.
- To understand and implement basic marketing techniques to grow your program.
- To discuss the relevance and importance of an exit plan.